Saturday, July 9, 2011

Reading List

This is in the order I will read them; the first three I have read and I am waiting on edge for the fourth in the mail :) I cannot wait to start it :)
This is just the beginning of my reading and I cannot wait to add many more to the list : )

1. Birth by Tina Cassidy
2. Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent
3. Lady's Hand's, Lion's Heart: A Midwife's Saga by Carol Leonard
4. Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth by Elizabeth Davis
5. Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
6. Arms Wide Open: A midwife's Journey by   Patricia Harman
7. Blue Cotton Gown by Patricia Harman

      and then there are the amazing medical books I will read and use as a reference for years to come:
1. Anatomy and Physiology for Midwives by Jane Coad EIHMS 
2. Holistic Midwifery: A Comprehensive Textbook for Midwives in Homebirth Practice, Vol. 2: Care of the Mother and Baby from the Onset of Labor Through the First Hours After Birth by Anne Frye 
3. Nurse-Midwifery Handbook: A Practical Guide to Prenatal and Postpartum Care by Linda Wheeler
4. Varney's Midwifery, Fourth Edition by Helen Varney, Jan M. Kriebs and Carolyn L. Gegor

2 comments:

  1. Too bad we don't live closer, I could have loaned you most of them. But I do think you read Baby Catcher when you were here, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be amazing :) I did read 'Baby Catcher' when I was there and I finished 'Birth' as well :) I have read #1-3 on the list and I am reading 'Heart and hands' right now :)
    Thank you by the way for introducing me to all of these amazing books!!!
    and to midwifery :)

    ReplyDelete